Keep your home fresh and clean with these easy cleaning hacks we bet you never considered!
1. Baking soda goes a long way. Make a paste with it and apply it to grout instead of using bleach. Pour vinegar and baking soda down your drains to keep your sink smelling fresh. Also use this mixture for cleaning window tracks. Ypu might have never thought of it before.
2. Clean your remotes, door handles, and cabinet handles with rubbing alcohol. While you’re at it, wipe your cell phone too!
3. Clean the underside of your furniture twice a year.
4. Sprinkle baking soda on your mattress and couch, leave for a few hours, then vacuum to keep it fresh.
5. As we mentioned before, baking soda goes a LONG way. Want your towels to be more absorbent? Use 1 cup of vinegar and hot water to wash towels. Then wash again with 1/2 cup of baking soda and hot water.
6. Disinfect your cleaning tools!
7. Re-season cast iron by scrubbing with steel wool and soap, then rinse and dry thoroughly. Next, coat all of it with vegetable oil and bake upside down in the oven at 350 degrees for an hour.
8. Put lemon rinds through the garbage disposal and follow with cold water to get rid of any unpleasant odor.
9. Clean dusty potted plants with mild soap and water, then use a paper towel to rub a drop of mayo onto the tops of leaves to make them shine.
10. Restore your shower pressure by tying a plastic bag full of white vinegar around your shower-head, immersing the holes. Let it soak for an hour and run the shower and watch the minerals disperse!